Sunday, January 8, 2012

P is for Pig Free Preschool and Kindergarten Printables


I hope you have enjoyed your winter break as much as we have!  Ours was full of unexpected things, such as my trip to the ER and Explorer's trips to Children's, but the rest of the time was a lot of fun celebrating all things Christmas and just enjoying each other's company.

This week we were back in the school room, and finished up our letter P unit. I made a few printables to enhance our learning, so I thought I'd share them with you :).  The P is for Pig Mini Pack can be downloaded FREE here:  http://www.4shared.com/office/VN3EaoDq/PisforPig.html?

The P is for Pig mini pack includes 3 different activites:

1)  Uppercase and lowercase p sorting.  Sorry!  I dont have any hands on pictures of this one.  

2)  Pig and corn cards and counters.


The pack includes cards numbered 1-10 that have pigs with feed buckets next to them.  (BTW I am in love with these pig plates I found at our local thrift!)


The object is to fill the bucket with the right amount of corn.  Here we filled them with small pieces of plain popping corn.


Or, I have included printable corn cobs like the ones that Charger is using here.

And the final thing in the pack is a word family game.


The set includes words from the -et, -en, -ip, -it, and -in families (based on the letters learned in our curriculum up to this point).


I cut out mud pits out of felt and labeled them with word families.


Mustang had to match each pig to its correct mud puddle.

I hope you can use one or more of these in your learning!  I also used items from other blogs around the blogosphere.  You might be interested in them, too:

P is for Penguin from Lawteedah
P is for Pumpkin from Confessions of a Homeschooler

The graphics for this pack were made by Trina Clark and purchased from Digi Scrap Kits.  Along with graphics from Just So Scrappy.

We are linked up here:
Tot School
 Montessori Monday 






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so so cute!!

Theprincessandthetot said...

LOVE!!

Katie said...

Adorable! I am pinning these for when we get the the Letter "p" :) I am planning to start a letter of the week soon! Thanks for sharing your awesome freebie at Thrifty Thursday! hope to see you this week!

Deb Chitwood said...

Great printable! I featured it at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and pinned it to my new Farm Unit Study Pinterest board at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/farm-unit-study/

bgorden said...

These are adorable - thanks for sharing!! I would love for you to pop over to TGIF kid oriented linky party tomorrow to link up - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I know my readers would LOVE them too!!
Beth =-)

Ami said...

So CUTE! :)

Would love to have you link-up every Monday with Printable Power! :) http://www.walkingbytheway.com/blog/?p=715675

Deb Chitwood said...

I featured your farm posts and pig and corn cards and counters photo in my Montessori-Inspired farm Unit at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2012/04/30/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-farm-unit/

Libby Frankel said...

I can't access this link - could you post it again - I'd love to print this - we are having summer home preschool. :o)